About Badcock Construction:
Badcock Construction has expansive experience within Civils, Mechanical and Electrical Engineering, applying these to a range of markets and is able to offer both standalone services and a fully integrated solution to our clients. We have successfully commissioned many high profile project solutions in the markets we serve. Badcock Construction directly employs more than 30 engineers, professional managers and multi-skilled operatives involved on nationwide projects and plan for the future with various graduate schemes, internships and apprenticeships. We have an excellent R&D (Research and Development) facilities, giving us access to innovative new products, processes and ideas.
We currently have vacancy for an experienced and highly motivated Quantity Surveyor to work within our existing team for a variety of Projects. This is a Senior Management position.
Role and Responsibilities:
As a Quantity Surveyor your responsibilities will include but not limited to the following:-
* Working with the Project management Team, working for various project types.
* Capturing project change, calculating cost and implications, ensuring variations are within contract.
* Negotiating assertively for challenging negotiations.
* Ensuring contract specific change control processes are maintained.
* Ensuring the production of monthly actual cost and value reports, forecasts and cash flow information for presentation to management.
* Supporting Risk Management and ensuring Risk factors are identified and mitigated.
* Accurately managing costs for subcontracts including change management.
* Promoting commercial awareness within the project team.
* Monitoring contract compliance.
* Managing Measurement and Valuations.
The ideal candidate for the Quantity Surveyor role will have:-
- Degree in Quantity Surveying or Construction Management.
- Experience in Construction and that of Civil Engineering including NEC3 contract experience.
- A minimum of three years' experience in commercial projects, preferably using NEC3 and FIDIC.
- Sound working knowledge of the various conditions of contract.
- IT literacy.
- Ability to demonstrate commercial awareness.
- Ability to be customer and delivery focused.
- High standards in Quality, Health & Safety.
- Good analytical skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
-Company vehicle & fuel card
-18 days annual leave + 8 bank holidays with the opportunity to buy more holidays once you have been with us for a while
-BUPA Healthcare Insurance (single cover with option to 'trade up' to cover your family)
-Carillion 'Thank You' Scheme, which offers flexible, tax efficient benefits such as child care
This is an excellent opportunity to work for a progressive and ambitious company which is also one of the most successful within the UK construction and infrastructure industry.
Badcock Construction Ltd values diversity and promotes equality. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application. Badcock Construction Ltd is an equality and diversity employer.